Monday, January 29, 2007

Status Update


Well, it's done. Sort of.

All the knitting is done, and it's been seamed, blocked, and had all its ends weaved in. However, we then approach the taboo subject of crochet.

I have nothing against crochet, but I have pretty much no experience with it. So I crocheted an edging around my swatch to try it out, and then tried it on the real thing.

It... didn't look that great. So I ripped it out. At the moment I am putting it aside until a friend of mine (who is quite good at crochet) visits so that she can help me through it a bit.

However, I can make a few notes about the fit of the sweater. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I made the 36" bust size, but then factored in the tiny sleeves and made the arms and armhole shaping for the next size up. So my sleeves very much fit, and could in fact sustain a somewhat bulky shirt underneath them. So, if anyone is looking for a way to get a better fit in the arms, this seems to be a good way to do it.

I had seen complaints on a few blogs about the length being a bit too short, but as I normally have to shop in the petites' section of most stores, I didn't bother lengthening. The result is a sweater that is pretty much exactly right for my height.

Even without my edging finished, I feel quite vindicated that I managed to come out with a garment that fits well!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

Wow, it looks amazing! Go you! The crochet will go fine, but I think your sweater will look great even without the crochet details.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Amby said...

It's gorgeous, I love it!!!!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

The sweater looks great - I like the color. Thanks for the sizing tip as everything is usually too long for me too unless I buy it in the petites' dept. I haven't joined the KAL but may have to now!

1:28 PM  
Blogger bjfree said...

Beautiful. I adore the color too.
I've just started mine and have questions but that's for another post.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

It's beautiful. I'm a little nervous about the crochet on mine, too, but I can't wait to get to that point.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

Beautious! I really like the green color! Don't sweat the crochet, it will be fine. Are you going to crochet around the bottom edge, or are you happy with the "raw" edge?

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home