Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sooo close to being done!


Hello everyone! I'm new to the KAL but not to knitting (been playing with sticks and string for 20+ years now - yikes), and this is my (long overdue) update:

Here's my progress so far (just about a month's worth of knitting). I'm using TLC Cotton Plus in Kiwi - and its knitting up really nicely. The actual color is much lighter (see Kiwi link), but the picture without flash does a better job showing all the detail (and, yes, all of my mistakes, too ;-p)

I had originally used this yarn for another cardigan (all stockinette) and it grew to enormous proportions, so I frogged the whole thing and decided to use it for the Nantucket Jacket - I am making it a size smaller than what I might normally choose, just in case it decides to grow again. ;-) I'm about ready to start the decreasing for the cap in the sleeves (knitting both at the same time), so its very, very close to being done. I'm making the sleeves a bit longer (more traditional 3/4 length), and also a size larger than the sweater. I also added a couple of inches to the length, because I'm not quite built for cropped sweaters. :-)

I'll post a finished-product (or at least closer to finished) a bit later. I'm so glad this KAL exists 'cause I never would have known or thought to add extra inches in all those important places!

Joan

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Mounts said...

I still think I should have done mine in green... that was the first color I bought! Oh well, once I get this one finished, I'll have to start the green one with all of my mistakes I've made in the first pattern behind me! :)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous color! I can't wait to see it finished!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

LOL to ksfishgirl! (about redoing the sweater without all the mistakes!) I was thinking the *exact* same thing ... finding some other yarn (maybe a wool) and doing the sweater again. I've never done that, but I like this one so much I can see owning two totally different sweaters from the same pattern. ;-)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Thanks, amby! I'm really liking this yarn and the color - I hope my finished sweater does both the yarn and the pattern justice. ;-)

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home