Monday, January 01, 2007



About the Nantucket:

Because I am *that* sort of geek and had some holiday money to toss around, I am using the yarn mentioned in the pattern -- Berroco Pure Merino -- in a raspberry color whose name escapes me. I spent Boxing Day swatching and got gauge with a size 9 circular. There was one brief moment of dismay when I realized how very, very loose the swatch got when I got it wet to block it but it dried back to its original dimensions.

Right now, my plan is to lengthen the sleeves and armscye because I hate three-quarter sleeves and have fat upper arms. Other than that -- I'm not sure what my mods will be.

About me:

Hi.

I'm Adrienne and I blog about knitting, kids and writing here. Um....what else...I just had a book published and I am completely wiped out from our trek across New York and PA over the holidays. And haven't had nearly enough time to knit. (or sleep, really, but there is no Sleep-along that I can join.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you start a sleep-along, I promise I'll join. I'd be a good sleep-alonger!

I can't wait to see what you think of the Pure Merino...I've been waiting for a LYS sale SOMEWHERE so I can invest in a pile of it for another sweater, but first want to hear what others think of it.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

The pure merino will be so nice. Wish we had the options here.

almost done with my sleeves!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far the Pure Merino knits up like Debbie Bliss' cashmerinos -- but is a little more ... flaccid ... if that makes sense. Hopefully, it won't pill as much as cashmerino.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home