Friday, May 18, 2007

ribbit, ribbit, ribbit

the sound of frogging.
At the risk of sounding like a poop, since you are all creating such lovely sweaters, I will expose my failure. I finished my sweater on deadline, packed it in my suitcase and finally tried it on when I got to DC. I was planning to wear this to give a speech.

Yuck

I was worried it would be too tight, so I knit larger and it is 3" too big. So much for a fitted look.

The sleeves also looked bad, just too short. And gumpy looking where they joined the body.

I tried it on at my local knit/bitch group and they had some helpful suggestions.

So the arms have come off and I am making them longer.

I will then sew the sides together without the gussets and also make my sleeve tops longer. wish me luck.

to make matters worse, a friend who is tall and slim tried it on and it looked fabulous on her.
boo hoo.

and then I lost the election I had to give the speech at.
Lori

4 Comments:

Blogger Craftyfox said...

Oh no!and the online version of a knitted hug. Huge respect to you for the changes you're making. I hope they work out.


I've slowed down the knitting of my jacket and I think I am stalling finishing it. I have made one sleeve and am finishing the second. Part of the stalling is I'll feel sad as I've enjoyed the pattern and the wool but also I am worried about the fit. The weather has been very good and I've been in my garden enjoying my planting.

Caroline

Caroline

1:00 AM  
Blogger Gloria Quincy said...

I'm so sorry! Good for you for going back and fixing things. I would probably just hide the sweater somewhere.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man!!! Good luck with the sleeves, can't wait to see a pic!!!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

you guys are awesome. thanks. I really am liking the hide the sweater idea......I have a tank top from last summer that I hid, will keep trying. thx thx thx

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home