Monday, January 29, 2007

Just started Jacket and have a couple of questions.

First of all let me just say, Thank you for allowing me to join. Just a little bit about me. I've only been knitting for almost 2 years now. I live in Georgia.

I’ve started Nantucket Jacket, I started with the back. I’m to the bust shaping and it says to end with WS. Does that mean that my next row should be a RS?

And could someone possible give me a little easier interpretation of in the Shape bust area of working new sts in rev St st. I understand that it is reverse stockinette stitch. Just working purl stitches on the right side now, but just wondering if it’s the first or second stitch that should be worked in rev St st since I'm only increasing 1st on each end?

I may just be reading way too much into it but I love to learn and love a challenge.

Thank you so much for any assistance you can give.

Take Care all,
BJ

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Hi BJ, I am knitting in the second stitch to add. There is probably some technical reason to do it, but I thought it would be easier this way - of course it would have been even easier to add on a WS row when it was a knit.

I have just finished my add ons, but think I am going to knit a little longer.

Hey good luck and welcome. I am in Alaska, originally from Canada - so can you tell me what is a Georgia peach? I saw a woman on Deal or no deal say she was one. cheers. Lori

6:46 PM  
Blogger bjfree said...

Thank you for the advise. As for the Georgia Peach, I suppose just being a female and perhaps born here makes her one...lol. I'm originally from Louisiana, but have been here in Georgia for 20 years now.

I really couldn't imagine living in Alaska. I do want to take an Alaskan cruise someday. BJ

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home