Wednesday, January 10, 2007

would like yarn for warm weather months

Hi all, I live in North Carolina and our climate ranges from very hot to mildly cold. So I am always on the look-out for yarn that is a cotton blend, instead of primarily wool. I like the shorter sleeves on this pattern, so I'm knitting as designed.

I've found some Classic Elite Four Season Cotton (70% cotton/30% wool) that looks promising.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for a cotton blend that they like? I usually find 100% cotton to be too stiff and more difficult to knit with.

I won't be starting Nantucket until after I finish the Cardigan for Arwen - but congrats on all the progress posted so far!

Jana

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jana! The first yarn that jumped to my mind was Rowan's Wool Cotton, which I've used before and really liked, but I'm not sure if the gauge would match, and it might get pricey. Have you checked KnitPicks?

6:42 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

That si the yarn that came to my mind too...if you go to WEBS you get a discount after a certain cost..I got my Wool Cotton there, frequent shopper there....but it is a pricey yarn...sometimes EBAY has some as well...but it is a delight to knit with.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home