Friday, June 15, 2007

English Nantucket Jacket


Hi. It's finished buttons and all!! It's taken me 2 weeks to get to a shop to choose the buttons with help from a friend. The photo doesn't show them clearly. The have a tiny gold rim. Actually the jacket is more important than waffle about buttons, but the wrong ones can ruin our masterpieces.
Size 36"It took just over 6 skeins of Cascade 220 ,turkish plum. I have enough left to knit and felt a matching pair of ballerina slippers. I lengthened the sleeves to 17.5"and I'm really pleased with them, (I didn't adjust the armholes). The jacket body is a little baggy for my taste but will fit over all my layers in winter and keep me lovely and warm. It is very stretchy and washing will have to be careful. I really enjoyed the pattern. Enough interest to keep going yet not too hard so that you have to concentrate each and every stitch. I kept to the original crochet edge pattern(which I think looks good) but did not edge the cuffs.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT job! I'm questioning what size I should be making. I was going to make the 41" cause I don't like things tight, but I think that is going to be wayyyy to large.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Gloria Quincy said...

Beautiful! I really like the color, and the buttons bring it all together. Great job!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah IS said...

I could use some advice, I just started this pattern. I'm a 36 bust, but it looks like the back, at least from my first five rows could be the back and a front piece as well. How is the fit on this - is it really loose? Should I frog and go down a size? Will the 4 extra stitches matter that much? I know I've got the gauge right.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Craftyfox said...

Hi Sarah. I am a 36" as well. I think that it is a little too baggy and if I was to knit another it would be a smaller body size and a little longer.The sleeves are okay. The pattern appears stretchy made up in different yarns.I would frog it, or cast on the smaller size and check against another garment. I still love the pattern and have worn the jacket to my knitting club as it is so cold in England at the moment. Our summer is expected 15th July. Hope this helps. Caroline

1:23 AM  
Blogger Craftyfox said...

Post script to this posting. Yesterday I decided to unpick the jacket. It was just not my size too baggy and also too short despite my small frame. The yarn was just too nice to leave it unworn. I shall look for another project.I still enjoyed the knitting of it.. Crafty Fox

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice!! I prefer to buy my dresses from WilsonsLeather store through couponalbum.com...

4:12 AM  
Blogger dona said...

I have started this project But lost the second page consisting of the Back & Sides instructions. Help! Would any of you be able to send this page to me-Please?!?

8:56 AM  
Anonymous jacketoke.com said...

Yeah nice colection, i like this

www.jacketoke.com

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

We would like to send you a jacket from www.parkaoutlet.com as a gift that maybe you can write a review about

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home